Force index column widths?

From: Tom von Alten <tom_vonalten_at_boi.hp.com_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 15:15:06 -0700

I've got a problem with the v2b25 thread and date indexes.

The message list column widths for "subject" "author" and "date" are sized based on the content. Subjects and dates are fairly predictably riddled with white space on which long lines can wrap.

The "author" string is not -- in particular, I have a person with a long pseudonym (having a descriptive pseudo-middle name, used to distinguish between several people with the same first and last name), and a long machine.domain identifier -- coming out to 52 (!) characters total. His MUA does not give a "real name" string that hypermail could use.

In a typical browser display, this forces the 'author' column to about 2/3rds of the display width, and the subject and date get crammed into the remaining 1/3rd.

The "hm_usetable" resource only affects headers and footers, and not the bulk of the index display itself. Is there an existing configuration choice that could help me?

Failing that, is this a reasonably straightforward modification for v2 or an easy derivative of it?

Thanks,
_____________ Hewlett-Packard Computer Peripherals Bristol Tom von Alten mailto:Tom_vonAlten_at_boi.hp.com

          This posting is for informational purposes only.
          It is not a statement of the Hewlett-Packard Co.