Re: Force index column widths?

From: Kent Landfield <kent_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 17:32:45 -0600 (CST)

# I've got a problem with the v2b25 thread and date indexes.

This is the same with the v2b26 version as well.

# The message list column widths for "subject" "author" and "date" are sized
# based on the content. Subjects and dates are fairly predictably riddled
# with white space on which long lines can wrap.
#
# The "author" string is not -- in particular, I have a person with a long
# pseudonym (having a descriptive pseudo-middle name, used to distinguish
# between several people with the same first and last name), and a long
# machine.domain identifier -- coming out to 52 (!) characters total. His
# MUA does not give a "real name" string that hypermail could use.
#
# In a typical browser display, this forces the 'author' column to about
# 2/3rds of the display width, and the subject and date get crammed into the
# remaining 1/3rd.
#
# The "hm_usetable" resource only affects headers and footers, and not the
# bulk of the index display itself. Is there an existing configuration
# choice that could help me?

This is a pain. I'll see if it is much of a problem to correct.

--
Kent Landfield                        Phone: 1-817-545-2502
Email: kent_at_landfield.com             http://www.landfield.com/