Re: Anti-spambot hacks?

From: Kent Landfield <kent_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 11:12:33 -0600 (CST)

Ok. I reread my response and it looks as if I am dictating to the list. I am not. Sorry if it seemed that way.

# # There are all sorts of examples of how this could be done out there,
# # and I'm considering implementing some of the following here on my own
# # copy of hypermail (I'll send in a patch when I'm done):
# #
# # + Turning "bre_at_mmedia.is" into "bre (at) mmedia (dot) is", or
# # "bre _at_ mmedia. is", or random permutations of the above.
# # + Wpoison style fake addresses inserted into real ones, as comments.
# # + Replacing the _at_ character with something else, e.g. !
# # (useful for mangling signatures w/o changing line lengths - nobody
# # really uses bang paths anymore, do they? :-).

As I indicated, I have no use for this here but that does not mean that no one else will. If you want to write a web page with a description of the problem (your mail is a good start) with a link to your patches I would have no problem linking that page on the website here. We are currently in a code freeze as we prepare for 2.0. Bug fixes are all we are baselining now.

--
Kent Landfield                        Phone: 1-817-545-2502
Email: kent_at_landfield.com             http://www.landfield.com/