Re: MIME disable option? (hopefully not FAQ)

From: Ron Brogden <rb_at_islandnet.com_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 11:14:07 -0700

At 10:55 AM 4/20/99 -0400, you wrote:
>P.S. Along the same vein, isn't hypermail 2.x already substituting an
>arbitrary name for the attachment when it gets written to disk?

This issue definitely exists in the latest source grabbed via landfield.com which I started playing around with this last week. I manually edited a mail message (which anyone with even rudimentary knowledge can do) and changed the filename in the MIME header. It most definitely did write a fresh .htaccess file into the archive directory.

On another note, a fellow posted that the "ignore" certain MIME types function did use wild cards. Anyone know the syntax? I tried "*" with no luck and the code appeared to be looking for a literal list to compare against whatever was stripped from the MIME header in the message.

Cheers

Ron

Island Net AMT Solutions Group Inc.          Telephone:          250 383-0096
1412 Quadra                                  Toll Free:        1 800 331-3055
Victoria, B.C.                               Fax:                250 383-6698
V8W 2L1                                      E-Mail:    support_at_islandnet.com
Canada                                       WWW:   http://www.islandnet.com/