RE: hypermail core dump - buffer overflow

From: William F. Maton <wmaton_at_enterprise.ic.gc.ca_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 19:17:40 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 25 Jan 1999, Tom von Alten wrote:

> On Monday, January 25, 1999 3:04 PM, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> > I still wait for Kent's promised beta 4, as he stopped all my
> > development well over a month ago now and still there is no sound
> > from him.
>
> I'd like to see the project go forward in an organized way (i.e. "no
> fork"), but I'm concerned about the lack of progress also. I've simply set
> aside all my activity on it, and it'll take some overhead to get back up to
> speed after several months of inaction.

Well, maybe it is time to just put up a CVS server, check in the hypermail source, give write access to a few 'blessed' and capable people, and let the masses at least try the progressive code. That's certainly one way, and it has been pretty successful for very large projects as well as small ones.

wfms Received on Tue 26 Jan 1999 02:21:17 AM GMT