Re: 2b11

From: Daniel Stenberg <Daniel.Stenberg_at_sth.frontec.se_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 08:19:20 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 1 Dec 1998, Paradise Cowgirl wrote:

> > I have still reports about this fails when it should update an existing
> > archive, but so far I haven't been able to repeat that.
>
> I am having this problem as well.

If anyone has a small mailbox with this behaviour repeatable, I'd appriciate a copy...

> The second problem I'm having, I've already reported to Daniel directly
> and that's no index.html is being created even though I get
> date|subject|thread|author.html just fine.
>
> I'm using the exact same .hmrc as I do with 20b3 and I don't see this.
> Do I need change something? I've already checked and I have:
>
> hm_defaultindex = thread

I believe this may be due to the new config file parser. It doesn't remove trailing white spaces so if you have a space or tab or so after the word 'thread' it fails. This is not my intention. I'll correct this behaviour.

Meanwhile, you can either remove the white space (assuimg there is any) or put the word in quotes like "thread".

> Daniel, is 2b11 based on 2b3 or 2b4?

2b4. Or more correctly a pre-2b4 version dated 13th of October. Tom von Alten supplied me with this version, which he had got from Kent.

> I have noticed that Kent's archive say they are being created with 2b4...
> and back in Sept Kent posted something about having this fixed... I
> think...

If he did, there are only two possible reasons to why it doesn't work now. A. He didn't correct it properly or B I've reintroduced the problem.

> Thanks again for your hard work on this!

My appologies for adding this amount of bugs, but I felt the need to change a few internal things rather drastically and the new bugs we see now are because of that. I also believe in very frequent releases so that you all can help debugging and testing.

2b3 is probably still the most stable version available. I work hard on getting "my series" to that level and beyond.

--
   Daniel Stenberg    http://www.fts.frontec.se/~dast     0708-317742