Re: 2b11

From: Paradise Cowgirl <minerva_at_phix.com_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 13:06:52 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 1 Dec 1998, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> Get version 2 beta 11 from
>
> http://www.fts.frontec.se/~dast/stuff/hypermail-2b11.tar.gz
>
> I have still reports about this fails when it should update an existing
> archive, but so far I haven't been able to repeat that.

I am having this problem as well. I wanted to go ahead and use this version to archive this list at wildheart for testing but won't be able to until I can update via procmail with the following command:

|/home/minerva/bin/hypermail-2b11 -i -u\

        -l "Hypermail Development List" \
        -c "/home/minerva/public_html/archives/hypermail/.hmrc" \
        -d "/home/minerva/public_html/archives/hypermail/thismonth/" \
        -b "http://www.landfield.com/hypermail/" \
        -a "http://www.wildheart.org/archives/"

I compiled 2b11 w/o touching the code on Solaris 2.5(.0) with gcc 2.7.2

The second problem I'm having, I've already reported to Daniel directly and that's no index.html is being created even though I get date|subject|thread|author.html just fine.

I'm using the exact same .hmrc as I do with 20b3 and I don't see this. Do I need change something? I've already checked and I have:

hm_defaultindex = thread

Last but not least, I can't get -x work to save my life but I haven't had the chance to quantify it well enough to say more.

Daniel, is 2b11 based on 2b3 or 2b4? I have noticed that Kent's archive say they are being created with 2b4... and back in Sept Kent posted something about having this fixed... I think...

Thanks again for your hard work on this!

Cheers,
Darci "Paradise Cowgirl" Chapman

--
information is not knowledge. knowledge is not
wisdom.  wisdom is not truth.  truth is not beauty.