Re: 2b9 ? (fwd)

From: Paradise Cowgirl <minerva_at_phix.com_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 16:34:23 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 30 Nov 1998, Byron C. Darrah wrote:

> > Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 12:36:24 +0100 (MET)
> > From: Daniel Stenberg <Daniel.Stenberg_at_sth.frontec.se>
> >

> > I see my beta 9 version as a continuation of the previous beta 3, not as some
> > kind of forked-off project, and the only reason you don't find it on
> > landfield.com is that Kent hasn't been available for quite a while.
> >
> > I don't intend to hijack the project nor do I intend to run it my own way. I
> > merely want to participate in making it better. I hope I'm not alone and that
> > my efforts are appriciated. I trust you all will help me and the rest of the
> > developers to guide us in the right direction.
>
> Acknowledged. I think that is a good way to view it. Since b4 is overdue
> and we haven't heard from Kent for over a month (which is not to imply
> anything bad about Kent), I think we are quite fortunate to have you out
> there still fueling the progress.

I agree...

> I hope Kent is okay -- he kind of went silent unexpectedly. He has been a
> good project leader in this, but if a lot more time goes by without word
> from him, then it might be worthwhile to split off your version as a
> "production" release. We might want to discuss changing the name at that
> point, so as not to "hijack" the project, as you put it.

I'd want to wait to hear from Kent one way or the other before taking this step...

> At this point, just to be safe, it might also make sense to have someone
> keep a copy of all the members of this list, just in case Kent's site goes
> down without warning. Then, the person with the copy could resurect the
> list somewhere else. Any volunteers?

I'd be willing to do this. I could also mirror an archived version of this list (imagine that! ;-) Let me know...

Cheers,
Darci "Paradise Cowgirl" Chapman

--
information is not knowledge. knowledge is not
wisdom.  wisdom is not truth.  truth is not beauty.