[ hypermail-Bugs-2910981 ] Cannot overwrite archive files without appending

From: SourceForge.net <noreply_at_sourceforge.net_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2009 21:14:34 +0000

Bugs item #2910981, was opened at 2009-12-08 14:14 Message generated for change (Tracker Item Submitted) made by granthutchinson You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=118117&aid=2910981&group_id=18117

Please note that this message will contain a full copy of the comment thread, including the initial issue submission, for this request, not just the latest update.
Category: html output
Group: None

Initial Comment:
There is an issue with the way that archives are being overwritten. I have the overwrite directive set to 'On' and the increment directive set to '0'. Having increment = 0 should overwrite the archives with the contents of the mbox. This would be equivalent to setting increment to 'Off' in version 2.2.0 (and earlier).

However, what occurs is the following output:

> hypermail: First message in mailbox does not match first message in archive
> or obsolete gdbm file present.
> Maybe you want to enable the mbox_shortened option?

I do not require the use of the mbox_shortened option, as I am not changing the contents of the mbox. I simply want to overwrite the entire archive. Setting the increment directive to '1' or '-1' causes the entire contents of the mbox to be appended to the existing archive. There needs to be a way to simply overwrite the archive with the exact same contents of the mbox, as with earlier versions of hypermail.

Please let me know if there is any additional information required.

You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=118117&aid=2910981&group_id=18117 Received on Tue 08 Dec 2009 09:33:37 PM GMT