Released hypermail 2.3.0

From: Jose Kahan <jose.kahan_at_w3.org_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 21:35:29 +0100

Hi Peter,

I managed to learn how to the release on sourceforge. The debian guy I had contacted had promised to mail me back a couple of weeks ago. As he didn't answer last week's reminder, I went ahead and released 2.3.0 without his contributions. If he has any, I can always include them and make another release.

I stumbled a bit on sourceforge on how to add release notes to a tar file. I figured it out that I needed to upload a text file and tell sourceforge it was the release note file for the tar file. I was able to do that with the changelog. However, the changelog still appears even when it's marked as release notes. I'm not sure how you did it yourself. Besides, I think you used an HTML file and not a text file like I did. Not very important. I just wanted you to be aware of this.

Also, the CVS server doesn't seem to be responding. I couldn't commit the updated Changelog and patchlevel.h files that say this is version 2.3.0. It was working fine two weeks ago. Maybe I should mail Kent?

-jose Received on Fri 13 Nov 2009 12:17:17 AM GMT