Re: [hypermail] Hypermail Hanging on First Go.

From: Peter C.McCluskey <pcm_at_rahul.net_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 16:03:59 -0800 (PST)

 moseley_at_hank.org (Bill Moseley) writes:
>On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 11:36:07AM -0800, Peter C. McCluskey wrote:
>> The -i in your command line tells it to read mail from the standard input.
>> That overrides the mbox option in your config file, and doesn't appear to
>> be what you want.
>
>Is the future upon us?
>

>http://hypermail.org/source/docs/hypermail.html

>It is important to note that this is different from many programs. In
>Hypermail's case what you put on the command line DOES NOT override what
>is specified in the configuration file. This may change in the future.

 It looks like that was changed in 1998 and you're the first to notice that the documentation doesn't reflect the change. I'll fix that soon.

>Also, the man page for hypermail says that -u requires only one message
>be sent, but the above pages says that it's ok to send more than one
>message with -u.

 Yes, I've been negligent about maintaining the man page.

Peter McCluskey          | "To announce that there must be no criticism of
http://www.rahul.net/pcm | the President, or that we are to stand by the