Re: [hypermail] Incremental updates (was: Problems with 2.1.8)

From: Peter C. McCluskey <pcm_at_rahul.net_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 12:25:36 -0800 (PST)

 moseley_at_hank.org (Bill Moseley) writes:
>Oh, I left one question out.
>
>I found that I could not feed documents to hypermail out of date order
>-- at least in my 2.1.8 tests I had to sort the messages before feeding
>them to hypermail. Is this what's expected?

 My recollection is that feeding them out of order should produce an archive that looks mostly right but that the Next and Previous message links will reflect the order in which hypermail got them. Maybe there are some other problems I don't recall, but those are the only ones that seem hard to avoid.

>I have a situation where an archive was being incrementally added to,
>but for for a while messages were not being delivered correctly -- so I
>have a gap in the archive.
>
>I now have those messages. Is there a way to add those in or do I need
>to recreate the entire archive?

 If you're willing to accept the minor problems mentioned above, just feed them in with -u or increment = 1. Otherwise recreate the archive from scratch.

Peter McCluskey          | "To announce that there must be no criticism of
http://www.rahul.net/pcm | the President, or that we are to stand by the