[hypermail] NEwbie - Win 2000 questions (mail repeated .. inconvenience regretted)

From: aruL maaran <arul_at_blackhole.riot.eu.org_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: 31 Dec 2003 07:47:21 -0000

Dear Rev. Bob and others

Best wishes for a happy new year 2004

I'm repeating this mail as I haven't received any reply (or )
my mailer has garbled the reply you sent

Could you please post a reply again and / or send me the URL to the earlier reply you (may have ) sent

I'm basically looking for
- a windows version of Hypermail
+
- some help on how to run Hyper mail on mail stored on your machine as a text file or as a mail files (rather than use it directly on a list / current incomming mail)

>Btw, I'm not entirely sure what you're doing, but I have an archive at
><http://model-rr.crispen.org/archive/> that sounds something like what
>you want to do. Whenever I get an email from a Yahoo group or read a
>USENET posting that I want to save, I forward it to an email address at
>my domain host, and the message magically goes into a hypermail archive.

Ok!. you've been smart right from the beginning. I've woken up late ! :-( Since I can't get back copies of the yahoo groups **by mail** and the only way to look at yahoogroups archives is to use their Web interface

I intend to

>I need to mention that the critical step is getting mail from the inbox
>to a pipe, where it can then head off to hypermail. Until I got my
>present domain host, I had no way to do that critical step. Fortunately,
>my present domain host (phpwebhosting.com) uses qmail, which provides
>that little extra bit of glue that makes it all work.
>
>I've played around at home, saving messages into a mailbox and then
>running it off-line through hypermail (which also sounds like what
>you're talking about). It works, but it isn't nearly as convenient as
>what I've got set up on my ISP.

As I have mentioned above I have to do without that convenience since I've started late and I can't forward mail to a hypermail archive list

So please let me know how I could do it offline (from my computer)

>I've always had the suspicion that if I
>could read German a little better, I'd be able to figure out how to do
>it in hamster on my Windows box.

Thanks for the yahoo to m box link as well. Will use that when necessary

TIA &
best Regards
aruL