Re: [hypermail] Proposition for a WAI list of indexes

From: Jose Kahan <jose.kahan_at_w3.org_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 16:43:58 +0200

Kent, Peter, and hyperfolkers,

Thanks for your comments.

I finished WAI-enhancing the list of indexes and commited it. I'm including an example of how the list of indexes looks like.

The period name now shows the dd mm YYYY info of the start and ending period for each line. If the date is the same, only one such date is shown. Otherwise, it says "start date to end date". In order to save space, I'm using abbreviated month names. I hard coded this date format to be "dd MMM YYYY". To make things more configurable, we would need to add a setup variable so that the user can specify this format. It cannot be the same as setdateformat because we need an abbreviated format here and the other one could be too big in some cases.

In order to save columns, the entries under the "period" column are links pointing to the first visible index. In my example, this is the "date index". In the "re-sorted" column, you have the links to other views of the sam archive.

If an archive is empty, then the name will be mentioned, but no HTML link will be created. Previously, only empty table entries were created, with no text. Some more CSS could be added for this case, but I'm out of ideas right now.

I also fixed the warnings detected by GCC Wall.

Enjoy!

-jose