[hypermail] A couple Hypermail issues...

From: Paul Allen Rice <email_at_paulrice.org_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 18:34:37 -0500

It's probably that I don't understand =everything= about Hypermail, but...

I'm using Hypermail 2.1.7 to webify several Majordomo lists, and am needing to pull previous Majordomo archives into the Hypermail set.

The first problem is threading. It doesn't. No indentions of any kind in any of the indexes generated. The messages are grouped by subjects okay, but the thread view looks identical to the date view.

Here is the alias I'm using in Sendmail...

testing-hyper: "|/usr/local/hypermail/hypermail -i -l "TESTING Archives" -c /var/www/vhosts/vlists.net/hypermail/testing.cfg -u -d /var/www/vhosts/vlists.net/hypermail/testing"

and the config file referenced in the alias.

hmail = testing_at_vlists.net
label = TESTING List Archives
about = http://www.vlists.net/lists/testing
dir = /var/www/vhosts/vlists.net/hypermail/testing domainaddr = vlists.net
ihtmlheaderfile = /var/www/vhosts/vlists.net/hypermail/testing-headerfile.hyp
mhtmlheaderfile = /var/www/vhosts/vlists.net/hypermail/testing-headerfile.hyp
ihtmlfooterfile = /var/www/vhosts/vlists.net/hypermail/generic-footerfile.hyp
mhtmlfooterfile = /var/www/vhosts/vlists.net/hypermail/generic-footerfile.hyp
language = en
htmlsuffix = html
mbox = NONE
ietf_mbox = 0
archives = NONE
#custom_archives =

defaultindex = date
default_top_index = date
#avoid_indices =

avoid_top_indices =
inlinehtml = 1
reverse = 1
usetable = 1
indextable =
progress = 0
show_msg_links = 4
showheaders = 0
showreplies = 1
showhtml = 2
showbr = 0
iquotes = 1
showhr = 1
overwrite = 1
increment = 1
readone = 1
thrdlevels = 1
eurodate = 0
#isodate = 0

gmtime = 1
dateformat = %D
attachmentlink = %p
discard_dup_msgids = 1
require_msgids = 0
usemeta = 1
uselock = 0
locktime = 10
dirmode = 0777
filemode = 0644
mailcommand = NONE
mailto = NONE
show_headers = From,Date,Subject
inline_types = image/gif image/jpeg image/png
ignore_types = text/x-vcard
ignore_types = text/winmail.dat
ignore_types = application/x-msdownload

prefered_types = text/plain text/html
text_types = text/x-vcard
usegdbm = 1
#append = 0
#append_filename =
#newmsg_command = mailto:
#replymsg_command = mailto:
#icss_url =
#mcss_url =

spamprotect = 1
attachmentsindex = 0
linkquotes = 1
searchbackmsgnum = 500
#link_to_replies =
#quote_hide_threshold = 60

quote_link_string = Click Here For Original Message
#monthly_index = On

yearly_index = On
thread_file_depth = 1
#folder_by_date = %b%y
#msgsperfolder = 0
#describe_folder =
#latest_folder =
#iso2022jp = Off

deleted = X-Hypermail-Deleted X-No-Archive expires = Expires
#delete_msgnum =

delete_level = 3
# txtsuffix =

show_index_links = 1
#filter_out =
#filter_require =
#filter_out_full_body =
#filter_require_full_body =

My second problem is when I try to generate a set of archives from an mbox file. I have an mbox named 'testing' which I process with the following command line...

/usr/local/hypermail/hypermail -m testing -c /var/www/vhosts/vlists.net/hypermail/testing-1.cfg

The difference between testing-1.cfg and the .cfg listed above is simple...

increment = 0
readone = 0

Now if I do this and generate a set of Hypermail archives from the mbox, it doesn't always create the .hm2index file. So when the next new message comes in to the list, live via the alias given way up above, it doesn't get added to the archive. Sometimes it will create it, sometimes it will not.

Any ideas on these?

Thanks.

Paul Rice
Fantastic Websites
http://www.fantasticwebsites.com
"Make your website a Fantastic Website" Received on Tue 01 Jul 2003 12:57:59 AM GMT