Re: [hypermail] Locales not supported

From: Peter C. McCluskey <pcm_at_rahul.net_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 11:50:23 -0700 (PDT)

 jcanon_at_free.fr (Julien CANON) writes:

> Hello,
>
> I'm not at ease with locales and hypermail tell me :
> "WARNING: locale "fr_FR", not supported."
>
> I want to use it with the command line option "-L fr".
>
> What are the issues to make it work correctly ? Are they OS side or
>hypermail side ?

 I don't know a lot about this subject, but my impression is that you are missing this directory (at least if your system works similar to Linux):  /usr/share/locale/fr_FR

 If you somehow have a system with directories whose name starts with /usr/share/locale/fr_ but ends with something other than FR, you might try replacing the "fr_FR" near the end of lang.h with the name of a directory that you do find in /usr/share/locale/.
 If you don't know whether the locale matters to you, then it's probably ok to ignore the warning.

Peter McCluskey          | "To announce that there must be no criticism of
http://www.rahul.net/pcm | the President, or that we are to stand by the