Re: [hypermail] termination?

From: Bob & Kelly Crispen <bob_and_kelly_at_crispen.org_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 13:56:06 -0600

Scott Stark said on Monday, December 30, 2002 at 10:54:45 AM:

> Or, alternatively, is there a way I can install the new version myself in a
> local directory without system adminstrator privileges? I tried that once
> and failed.

I just did that on my domain host, which runs Linux, without problems. Copied the hypermail executable to my ~/bin directory, and that was that. I just did "./configure" and "make", not "make install". I even run hypermail out of a qmail pipe. Or I did until my domain host broke qmail, but perhaps one day they'll figure out how to fix it again. ;-)

I've also compiled hypermail under cygwin on my PC (of course, everybody has root permissions on a PC), and the only difficulty I've had compiling it with non-GNU compilers on the PC are the strange places some of the compilers put some of the headers and some definitions which they stuck into the wrong header files.

Once you figure out where your compiler system put everything, hypermail compiles and runs fine. So if you're desperate enough....

--
Bob & Kelly Crispen
bob_and_kelly at crispen dot org

Your message was sent to our old account.  Any more, all that goes to
that account is spam, and we don't check it very often.  You might want
to change your address book entry to
bob_and_kelly_at_crispen.org
bob_at_crispen.org
kelly_at_crispen.org