Re: [hypermail] Why hypermail don't handle html in this message?

From: Peter C. McCluskey <pcm_at_rahul.net_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 13:14:57 -0800 (PST)

 hpmills3_at_telocity.com (Henry P. Mills) writes:
>I've been offline for a few days. Attached is a batch file with 3 messages.
>Hypermail will process the first one, hangs on the second one, which is an
>"incomplete multipart" message, and consequently won't write the third one.

 What is happening is that Hypermail expects a multipart/alternative boundary at the start of the message body, and discards everything until it finds one.  This doesn't seem right. It should at least detect the start of the next message, and should probably display the confusing body as plain text. Does anyone know what rules other mail parsers use in this situation?

>The questions at hand is, how come the multipart version is not complete?
>One suggestion has been that it is a problem with the mail server being
>used. Would be glad to know if you find anything else out. I am sending
>this only to you, and not to the listserv.

 It sure looks like the mail is being altered somewhere in the delivery process, but I don't know how to track it down to something more specific.

Peter McCluskey          | Free Dmitry Sklyarov! http://www.freesklyarov.org/
http://www.rahul.net/pcm |