Re: [hypermail] Why hypermail don't handle html in this message?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 08:41:08 +0100 (MET)

On Sun, 2 Dec 2001, Peter C. McCluskey wrote:

> What is happening is that Hypermail expects a multipart/alternative boundary
> at the start of the message body, and discards everything until it finds one.
> This doesn't seem right. It should at least detect the start of the next
> message, and should probably display the confusing body as plain text.
> Does anyone know what rules other mail parsers use in this situation?

Well, the standard unix mailbox format forces the mailer to quote lines that start with "From " as that is the unique new-mail-starts-here identifier, so I figure the search-for-boundary check could also just check for the start of a new mail and if it finds one, skip the badly formatted multipart/alternative mail and continue with the next mail.

Or am I wrong?

--
      Daniel Stenberg - http://daniel.haxx.se - +46-705-44 31 77