Re: Test configure

From: Tony Earnshaw <tonye_at_ilion.nl_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 18:07:24 +0200

It didn't! The same happened as before. Now it wanted yacc on the second compile. But I got round this by calling configure with the following small executable, 'do-conf', on a clean 'tar xvf':

CC="gcc -melf -O2 -g" CFLAGS="-DMAXPATHLEN=1024" \ YACC="bison -d" LDFLAGS="-L/lib \
 -L/usr/lib -lprot -lsocket -ltinfo -lm -lx" ./configure

¨Then it worked, linked mail.o, - your configure code's probably o.k., my experience was possibly system-specific. I've had similar things happen before, witness the -DMAXPATHLEN above and all the strange libraries that the SCO link kit/egcs sometimes want, but not always.

I still have to fix the cgi-dir director bit, but it's coming along :-)

Tony