RE: possible bug (was: options.h)

From: Paul Haldane <Paul.Haldane_at_newcastle.ac.uk_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 10:04:32 +0100 (GMT)

> > I saw that this was already talked about quite a bit, but I'm not sure I
> saw
> > a definite conclusion about how HM will deal with it in the future.
>
> Paul has already written code that deals with these problems in a "nicer"
> way. You're free to get it from the CVS server. I haven't considered it
> major enough to release a new tar package.

I've not committed the change to generate new msgids for messages with no msgid yet (in fact looking at the source, I've not even written it - not a problem - I've got most of it written already).

I'll probably make this optional behaviour. In my situation I'd probably want to treat missing/duplicate msgids as an error but I understand that other people may not.

> And, while I'm at it. I'll go away for a long summer vacation now. I won't
> answer any mails or do any developing until August. If there's anything you
> want from me before I leave, tell me now or wait! :-)

If I can get handling of missing msgids done and tested today then we could push out another release. There's also Tom van Alten's formatting patch and the mutt mime separator patch to go in I think.

Paul Received on Fri 04 Jun 1999 11:17:32 AM GMT