Re: Missing message ids and forwarded messages

From: Paul Haldane <Paul.Haldane_at_newcastle.ac.uk_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 10:17:03 +0100 (GMT)

> I realize that this would be hard to parse in a multi-message mailbox, but
> when operating in single-message incremental mode, can HM be forced not to
> split these? Just stop parsing the message after it's done with the
> headers?

Already done - use the -1 (number one) option.

> Also, can HM do something reasonable with messages that for some reason
> don't have a message id (can this happen?)?

It should be easy to extend the patch I did last night for duplicates to cope with missing message-ids as well. Hypermail expects that it can use message-ids and in-reply-to fields as a definitive source of threading information - of course that's not going to work but we can always fall back to threading using the subject line.

The most likely source of archives with no message-ids I can think of would be a simple conversion from a listserv notebook archive to a Unix format mailbox.

Paul Received on Thu 13 May 1999 12:09:09 PM GMT