From: Craig A Summerhill <craig_at_cni.org_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 10:36:36 -0500 (EST)

I was wondering about something in the construction of subject indexes...

I find it odd the way that hypermail is treating subjects in the same thread during the markup of the subject.html index?

   Subject: this is a subject
   Subject: Re: this is a subject

The 2a16-pl0 code strips the leading "Re:" from the subjects, but builds an unordinated list suggesting they are different. For example, compare the treatment on these two pages:

   http://www.cni.org/Hforums/amfc/1998/    http://www.cni.org/Hforums/amfc/1998.old/

Is this really what people prefer? (I can live with it, but it seems a little counter-intuitive from the web browser side of things...)

--

   Craig A. Summerhill, Systems Coordinator and Program Officer
   Coalition for Networked Information