more on hypermail-2a14-pl2

From: Craig A Summerhill <craig_at_cni.org_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 16:18:28 -0500 (EST)

This one is a bit odd. It seems to work fine, except I am not sure why hypermail is performing the way it is...

If you look at either of these messages:

   http://www.cni.org/Hforums/cni-copyright/1999-01/0088.html    http://www.cni.org/Hforums/cni-copyright/1999-01/0092.html

You will see that hypermail has marked up the body of the message as an attachment:

   o text attachment: <a href="bin_something">stored</a>

The trouble is that in the case of both of these messages, the thing that is being stored as an attachment is simply ASCII text which could have just as easily been marked up as HTML.

I am guessing that the reason it is doing this is because the headers of the message contain a "Content-Type:" field. In fact, both of these messages came from me and were generated using ELM. ELM predates MIME by a decade, but it does insert "Content-Type: text" into the header of the message. See the following header, for instance: