Re: Things to do next

From: Ashley M. Kirchner <ashley_at_pcraft.com_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 16:05:11 -0700 (MST)

On Mon, 8 Feb 1999, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

: * CVS server with the full 2b13 source online, for reading by everyone, by
: writing for me (or else it won't be that useful to me). When Kent's
: version becomes available, it should be stored there too.

        CVS is already setup, I just need someone to finish setting it up with the source code for hypermail. If you (Daniel) want to take that, then let me know.

: * A bug report/tracking system. There exists a few free ones. One of them
: could be set up on a web server somewhere and we could be better to store
: bug reports, track bugs, respond to bug reporters and make sure no bugs
: get forgotten.

        Got any suggestions for one of these?

: I suppose an ftp site or something to upload mailboxes that cause problems
: would be a useful combination with this.

        CVS server can also function as ftp/www/archive server.

: * Input of what functions and features that should be part of the some-day-
: to-become release version of hypermail 2, and what features to wait with
: for forthcoming releases.

        This could be part of the bug tracking system, as an addition[al] section on it.

: Now, I'll dig into some of the reported problems with 2b13. Please let your
: bug reports drop in, and please try to be as specific as you can and please
: try to make your mailboxes as small as possible while still being able to
: repeat the problems you're experiencing...

        I've recompiled b13 and ran it against some of my archives and got the same error again that I reported way back (and I also posted about it 2 days ago). Since you're asking for bug reports, I'll ask you this: what do you want me to run against hypermail to generate that report that will help you figure out what's going on? By the way, I tried the same thing on a Linux box as well as on an Indy running IRIX 6.2 with their IDO installed.

        AMK4

--
W | Command, n.:
  |   Statement presented by a human and accepted by a computer in
  |   such a manner as to make the human feel as if he is in control.
  Ashley M. Kirchner <ashley_at_pcraft.com>          .   303.442.6410 x130
  SysAdmin / Websmith                           .     800.441.3873 x130
  Photo Craft Laboratories, Inc.             .        3550 Arapahoe Ave
  http://www.pcraft.com                  .            Boulder, CO 80303