Re: Moving Forward

From: Paradise Cowgirl <minerva_at_krusty.phix.com_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 1999 19:54:59 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 6 Feb 1999 20:46:44 -0700 (Mountain Standard Time), Ashley M.

        Kirchner (ashley_at_pcraft.com) writes:

> I have no problem with moving forward. Calling hot-out-of-the-oven
> releases alpha's sounds like a good idea, and we'll pick a stable
> version and call it beta while everyone tests it extensively, before
> it becomes an official release. How about that?

This seems like a really reasonable approach.

> > Believe it or not, my biggest complaint with the current b3 version
> > is that it does not parse eBay URLs correctly. I archive a very
> > active list that is constantly posting URLs to eBay items and I'd
> > be really happy to see that fixed.
>
> What do eBay URLs look like anyways??

Something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=64123133

Hypermail croaks on the "&" between "ViewItem" and "item" everytime :-)

Cheers,
~Darci

--
I support the goals and aims of the OpenNET Coalition -- help promote the
rights of all consumers to obtain affordable high-speed access to the