Re: Bugs - bin extraction, date related core dump

From: Kent Landfield <kent_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 12:10:36 -0600 (CST)

# The first is that every night when I run hypermail, it re-extracts all
# attached binaries into a new file. So, while not with binxxxx files
# (as reported in the list previously), it replicates messages. For
# example, someone had attached the file "seshan.ppt." The first time
# you run it, it extracts the file correctly. The second time it is
# run, it creates an identical file "aseshan.ppt", the third time
# "bseshan.ppt" and on and on. All these new files are orphaned (no
# links to them), as the first message was written only once with the
# correct filename.

This is a known problem. I have it corrected it (I think) in my development version. I'll retest it to make sure. ;)

# The second problem appears to be with header parsing the date field.
# For some reason, it doesn't extract the date correctly. I have
# attached a stack trace and a sample header.

Thanks for the test message. I have done a great deal of work on the date parsing so I'll see if this passes as well.

--
Kent Landfield                        Phone: 1-817-545-2502
Email: kent_at_landfield.com             http://www.landfield.com/