Re: languages?

From: Daniel Stenberg <Daniel.Stenberg_at_sth.frontec.se_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 14:28:53 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 26 Nov 1998, Gordon H. Buchan wrote:

> I don't think that the command-line stuff needs to be internationalized,
> but the UI strings (those that say "New Messsage, Sort by Author," etc.)
> should be segregated in a separate message file.

I agree about that. Since they're shown to the public reader of the generated web pages, they are indeed relevant.

We still need a better language system than the present, since adding new strings to in the current version is painful.

Now, for you fellows with serious interest in the latest beta, grab this

        http://www.fts.frontec.se/~dast/stuff/hypermail-2b9.tar.gz

or with ftp at:

        ftp://www.fts.frontec.se/httpupload/hypermail-2b9.tar.gz

(the later location will disappear soon)

2b9 contains a lot of new code and a lot of modifications of old code. It may act funny. It may work a lot better than b3. Beware, watch out and report bugs!

(2b9 is based on a pre-release version of b4.)

--
             Daniel Stenberg - http://www.fts.frontec.se/~dast