Re: hypermail versions

From: <Paul.Haldane_at_newcastle.ac.uk_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 16:42:44 +0100 (BST)

> # Mine is at http://vancouver-webpages.com/vanlug/hypermail-VL.html
> # (with a link to Martin's)
>
> I just grabbed a copy of both. I am in the process of getting b4 out
> tonight so wait until then. I look forward to see how/what was done.

While we're noting other versions of hypermail, I'll stick my hand up as well.

http://www.mailbase.ac.uk/cgi-bin/files/hypermail.tar.gz

Things that I concentrated on were
 better threading (making sure that all messages that should be in a  thread were caught)

 ability to include arbitrary HTML code at top and bottom of generated  pages (you've got this functionality in the new code)

 I did have a go at doing a version that handled attachments, but that  never got finished - I like what you've done with this in the new  versions.

In the unfinished, attachment-aware version I did, I had a go at rearranging the internal data structures. It seems to me that it would make more sense to have a single array holding all info about the messages and then the lists used for constructing the different index pages (thread/date/subject) could reference the info there rather than keeping their own copy. I've not had time to have a good look at your new code, so I don't know if you've already tackled this.

Paul

--
Paul Haldane
Mailbase