RE: Question about MIME and HTML Email

From: Ken Clark <kclark_at_texoma.net_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 10:19:04 -0500

> It's more common to have an HTML attachment. Just about no one in our
> organization is formatting their email in HTML (thank goodness, is my
> personal opinion).

Unfortunately, just about everyone in our organization formats their email in HTML. Non-computer people seem to have a strange desire for large-font headings and bullets. In the past they faxed Word Perfect documents around, and it would be a step backward to insist they use plain ASCII (many of them don't know what ASCII is).

I was (obviously naively) assuming that an HTML mail could just dropped into a web page and voila. Could someone out there explain why this doesn't work? I mean, I can cut-and-paste a web page from my browser into my mail editor, surly the reverse can be done?

I am not questioning that there are problems with this; others have obviously thought about this more than me. I would just like to know what the problems are.

Ken Received on Thu 15 Oct 1998 05:23:20 PM GMT