Re: QCompressed archives

From: Kent Landfield <kent_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 16:05:01 -0500 (CDT)

# I am currently archiving a list using Hypermail and had a few questions.
#
# 1) Is it possible for hypermail to use .gz as the html extention for
# messages? I have Apache automatically uncompress .gz files so it'd work
# if they could be compressed. The .bz2 files would be nice to implement as
# well.

hypermail does not currently compress files it archives.

# 2) Can hypermail put out messages and indexes of different extentions.
# For example, I would like to use a header but not a header specified by
# the config file. E.G. Can I tell it to instead of generating *.html to
# generate *.phtml or *.shtml. I guess I could control that with .htaccess
# but it would be preferable not to do that.

The version I am using in development does. It should be out later this week with y2k support included.

--
Kent Landfield                        Phone: 1-817-545-2502
Email: kent_at_landfield.com             http://www.landfield.com/