Problem with attached HTML document

From: Tom von Alten <Tom_vonAlten_at_boi.hp.com_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 19:04:23 -0600

I just took a look at what happens with a complete and properly formatted HTML document attached (as a MIME attachment) to a message, with the options settings arranged to have it put "inline" with the message.

With Netscape v3.01 (on hp-ux) and v4.04 (on Win95), the result is a huge amount of white space around the contents, which happen to be mostly two large tables.

The document itself is wrapped with <PRE> </PRE>, and retains its full set of tags, including < HTML > and <HEAD> and <BODY> stuff. (space added to spoof hypermail looking for the magic six-character sequence).

It seems like direct inclusion of an HTML document is somewhat problematic!  I suppose we might want (to set) an option to *not* include an attached HTML file inline...

Ideas?
_____________ Hewlett-Packard Computer Peripherals Bristol Tom von Alten mailto:Tom_vonAlten_at_boi.hp.com Received on Fri 09 Oct 1998 03:16:47 AM GMT