Re: indexes

From: Kent Landfield <kent_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 09:11:18 -0500 (CDT)

# Having a defined value that sets sort order in config.h or making it a config
# file item is not really nice.
#
# Why don't we just build the index files sorted both ways all the time? I.e
#
# one thread-index with the newest mails topmost
# one thread-index with the oldest mails topmost
#
# one author-index in alphabetical order
# one author-index in reversed alphabetical order
#
# etc
#
# Especially when the amount of mails pile up, I would find it very useful to
# be able to reverse the ordering with just a click on the dedicated link.

This is already in the the TODO file. ;) although I added the examples as it was listed just for the date index. I'll add your examples to make it optional for all index types.

# While I'm at it:
#
# Why not make a list with all stored attachments with links to the mails that
# contained them (sorted alphabetically I guess)? Would be great for
# product-oriented mailing lists in which patches, updates and similar are
# frequently posted. Would decrease the amount of
# now-in-which-mail-did-they-post-that-patch-I-need-badly-to-survive scratches
# in many heads.

:)

--
Kent Landfield                        Phone: 1-817-545-2502
Email: kent_at_landfield.com             http://www.landfield.com/