Nightly Archiving

From: Charles Hall <chall_at_totalsports.net_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 10:21:55 -0400

Hello,

Can someone tell me if I'm doing this the hard way? I want to archive mail nightly, rather than throughout the day. The output directory contains an entire month of email.

I just run hypermail in the wee hours of the morning, until the end of the month when I delete the mail file after processing it, and create a new monthly directory. The next run points to the new directory.

The problem is that by the 28th day of the month I'm re-processing the previous 27 days as well as the new day.

I'm using old Hypermail 1.02, but I didn't see anything in the docs for 2.0 that addresses this.

MHonArc apparently has some sort of database it uses to remember what mail has already been processed, but at the cost of oodles of Perl scripts.

Thanks!

--
Charles Hall
Total Sports