Re: Thoughts on what's next.

From: Nick Arnett <arnett_at_alink.net_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 1998 12:02:50 -0700

[I am just finishing my book proposal, weeks later than I hoped, so I must admit I've done virtually nothing with regard to Hypermail in the last few weeks.]

Instead of (or perhaps in addition to) writing code for Hypermail to directly import a variety of mailbox formats, how about establishing an interchange format, perhaps based on XML?

Now that I'm getting the proposal to my agent, I have some time to think about other things...

As for page customization, a template that supports style sheets would be great. Well, I guess any template can support style sheets, but the template should be designed with them in mind.

I'm using WinNT, but I'm not sure how much help I can be in porting it. I would *love* to see it packaged as a ActiveX objects, so that it can be customized with Windows development tools.

What, no Macintosh port? (just kidding)

Nick

--

Phone/fax: (408) 733-7613  E-mail: narnett_at_mccmedia.com

"Defy Demographics!"