Hypermail 2.0b - single message update from standard input

From: Paradise Cowgirl <minerva_at_phix.com_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 17:50:54 -0700 (PDT)

Hello, everyone,

Chances are (being Friday after 5p and all) I've just been staring at this too long so maybe somebody can help me out...

I'm a long time user of hypermail and am attempting to use the latest release the way I was using version 1.03b. I'm using this on Solaris 2.5 (not 2.5.1).

I seem to be having a problem getting the newest version to work with standard input. I run the following:

cat beta-wire | hypermail-2.0b -p -i -u -l "U2 - Wire Archives" \

-d "/home/minerva/public_html/archives/beta-wire" \
-b "http://www.wildheart.org/archives/wire/about.html" \
-a "http://www.wildheart.org/archives/

where beta-wire is a single Unix style email message.

The archive is not updated and I get the following messages:

	Reading old headers...  50 articles.
	hypermail: Couldn't open mail archive "mbox".
	hypermail: type "hypermail -z" for options.

(The number of articles is correct)

I reviewed the current docs just to make sure Kent wasn't so bold as to change the command line options ;-) and I can't see what I'm doing that shouldn't work.

Doing exactly the same thing with the previous version of hypermail works fine.

Any ideas anyone?

Cheers,
Darci "Paradise Cowgirl" Chapman

--
information is not knowledge. knowledge is not
wisdom.  wisdom is not truth.  truth is not beauty.