Re: mailbox confusions

From: Byron C. Darrah <bdarr_at_sse.FU.HAC.COM_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 09:26:21 -0700 (PDT)

> Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 09:35:31 +0200
> From: Daniel Stenberg <Daniel.Stenberg_at_sth.frontec.se>
>
> [...]
>
> QUESTION
> So, is the ">From " convertion something I should bother with? It does make
> hypermal treat and format the line as a quote which looks a bit odd. And if I
> should bother, what should I do about it?

IMHO, something like that should be a customizable option. Perhaps default behavior should be to behave the way hypermail always has with ">From ", but if the user sets a flag, say "hm_unquote" then hypermail uses more smarts.

Some mailbox formats do not use "From " as the message separator, so unquoting ">From " should probably not be the default behavior.

Just suggestions,
--Byron Darrah