RE: Getting started

From: Crispen, Bob <Robert.Crispen_at_HSV.Boeing.com_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 07:45:16 -0500

> Kent Landfield[SMTP:kent_at_landfield.com] sez:
>
> Hypermail needs a real makeover to be able to get to where it should
> be. We are not going to get there over night. In order to make the
> most progress, I propose that we take the following approach. Let's
> get a baseline version and take the modifications made in the past
> and incorporate them into a single version. All those improvements
> in one version will be a real step forward.

Hear, hear. Baseline it and let's wring it out.

[snip]

> If you have others, please send them to the list. These have not been
> been merged in yet as most have shown up in the last 24 hours. (The
> initial flurry suprised even me.)

I've made another change which I've kept back that adds a <BODY> tag because a search engine (based, as it happens, on Kevin Hughes's SWISH) needs either a </HEAD> tag or a <BODY> tag to know where to put the <BASE TARGET=> tag for the page the search engine generates.

Put me down as strongly in favor of full <HEAD> and <BODY> containers. And is a DTD too much to hope for?

On another subject, do we ever intend to take up SWISH on this list?

Bob Crispen
bob.crispen_at_boeing.com Received on Thu 23 Apr 1998 02:47:55 PM GMT