regex-based tags?

From: Klaus Steden <klaus.steden_at_thomson.net_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 00:37:30 -0500

Hello,

I'm thinking through how to best implement something that involves hypermail.

Specifically, I want my systems to email their syslogs regularly to a hypermail gateway. However, rather than staring at black and white text, I would to be able to add, for instance, '<font color=red'> </font>' tags around alert messages.

What would be the most efficient way to accomplish something like this? If I pre-filtered the input before it got sent to hypermail and inserted HTML tags, would it munge them into ASCII or would it leave them alone?

Looking for suggestions.

thanks,
Klaus Received on Fri 09 Dec 2005 02:09:43 PM GMT