[patch] change handling of defaultindex

From: Vincent McIntyre <Vince.McIntyre_at_atnf.csiro.au_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 20:18:58 +1000 (EST)

Hi List,

in the case where one has folder_by_date=1, and defaultindex != "date", I was expecting that the top level index would have the links in the "period" column pointing to the default index type, and "by date" would appear as one of the "re-sorted" subcolumns.

This appears not to be the case in the stock -2.2.0. If I choose, say, defaultindex = "thread", the period column always points to "<time_period_dir>/date.html", and "by thread" appears as a "re-sorted" subcolumn (the link is to <time_period_dir>/index.html).

I've made some small adjustments that change the behaviour to what I expected for this case. I don't know if I've done this in a way that works for other configurations, so I'd appreciate some comments. It does reorder the row so that 'attachment' is no longer always the rightmost column.

src_hypermail_c.patch_setindex
src_proto_h.patch_setindex
  make setindex() usable outside hypermail.c

src_print_c.patch_write_toplevel_indices   makes use of setindex to discover which element of index_name is   the defaultindex, and loops over the index_names starting from there.

These patches were made assuming all the other tweaks to print.c that I've submitted have been applied.

Cheers
Vince