RE: filename problem

From: Paul Haldane <Paul.Haldane_at_newcastle.ac.uk_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 09:56:43 -0000

Sounds plausible. Can't help thinking that somewhere (ie somewhere else - not in hypermail) there must be a lump of code that does `the right thing' in terms of allowing `safe' characters.

Can't decide if DEL is a problem but I guess we do need to look out for path separators ('/', '\', others depending on host OS?)

Paul

--
Paul Haldane
Unix Systems, Information Systems and Services, University of Newcastle