[hypermail] libpcre.so.0 problems with 2.1.8

From: Warren L Dodge <warrend_at_mdhost.cse.tek.com_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 16:14:41 -0700 (PDT)

I have currently 2.1.7 installed and running.

I got 2.1.8 and built it for solaris 8. I have a build tree on my local drive I use. I then use --prefix= to put the install tree on another file server.

When done compiling which works fine, I did a make install.

I tried to run hypermail on the installed drive and it failed to find libpcre.so.0

It seems the install should be making a lib directory and putting the library in there. And the linking should use the -R switch to make the library be found.

I see the library was in 2.1.7 but it must not have been used? Received on Wed 13 Aug 2003 01:14:28 AM GMT