[hypermail] Hypermail: Incremental updates are slow

From: Frank Naude <naudefj_at_naude.co.za_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: 14 Jul 2003 07:38:55 -0400

Hi,

Incremental updating (-u) of archives are painfully slow:

  1. After printing "Reading old headers...", the program counts to the 42043 messages in my (relatively small) archive. This step is performed by the loadoldheadersfromGDBMindex() function in parse.c; and takes more than 10 minutes to complete!
  2. After that, the program loads the in-box and re-write ALL index file. This significantly (and unnecessarily) adds to the processing time.

What can be done to improve the above two steps? A solution to any of these problems will be highly appreciated.

BTW: I'm using Hypermail 2.1.8 with the GDBM option.

Best regards.

Frank Received on Mon 14 Jul 2003 07:36:31 AM GMT