[hypermail] Re: [hypermail-dev] error messages bug

From: Peter C. McCluskey <pcm_at_rahul.net_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 16:02:29 -0700 (PDT)

 arekm_at_sse.pl (Arkadiusz Miskiewicz) writes:
>So now I've traced my real bug to ,,Too many distinct tokens(200000)''.
>Why that's hardcoded and why it's to low for me? I've changed it to 2 000 000
>and now waiting for results.

 It would take a fair amount of effort to rewrite it to use fully dynamic memory allocation.
 The 200000 was a tradeoff between memory usage and expected mailbox complexity. I probably chose that number 5 years ago. Since memory sizes have increased since then, I've doubled it to 400000.

Peter McCluskey          | "To announce that there must be no criticism of
http://www.rahul.net/pcm | the President, or that we are to stand by the