Re: [hypermail] large mailbox

From: Peter C. McCluskey <pcm_at_rahul.net_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 17:18:52 -0700 (PDT)

 Micheon.Eubanks_at_Sun.Com (Micheon Eubanks) writes:
>I have a large mailbox(over 95066 messages) it takes forever to create
>a new archive but after I create the archive I just want the new
>messages added to the existing list. It seems when the new messages
>come in all the existing headers are re-read(95066 headers are re-read)
>and this, again will take time. Is there something in the
>configuration I can do to speed things up. I don't care about
>appending the messages to the mailbox as long as the messages are stored.

 If you're using the incremental mode, try "usegdbm = 1".

 Also, verify that you're using "overwrite = 0".

 Other than those, there aren't many things that affect the speed.

Peter McCluskey          | "To announce that there must be no criticism of
http://www.rahul.net/pcm | the President, or that we are to stand by the