[hypermail] How to split the archives into months?

From: Paul F. Williams <paul.williams_at_uwex.edu_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 17:38:34 -0600

I am trying to get hypermail to separate postings by month and year but I am not having much success.

We have been running hypermail for a number of years on an AIX system but I wasn't able to compile the latest version of hypermail on the system so decided to move to a new system.

The system is Redhat Linux 7.2.

I have hypermail 2.1.6 installed and it appears to work.

I am using the method

test-list-archives:"|/usr/local/bin/hypermail -i -u -c /home/hypermail/test.rc -d /var/www/html/archives/test-list -l \"Test List Archive\" "

but it doesn't seem to do anything other than the old method with author, subject etc.

I created the rc file by running hypermail > test.rc then modified a number of entries according to the docs I could find.

Am I missing something.

We do not have the emails in an mbox format but process them as they come in. This has led to a problem on the AIX system with huge number of messages being indexed.

Another question.

If one has a huge indexed list (no mbox file) is there a way to delete some messages? Or is it possible to redo the directory archive so one can separate postings into year/month sections.

Thanks

paulw    Received on Fri 14 Feb 2003 01:34:57 AM GMT