[hypermail] Does anyone use mail.c

From: root <root_at_hypermail.org_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 09:05:27 -0600 (CST)

Hypermail has had a utility name mail that is installed in the cgi-bin directory since the beginning. I personally do not use it due to the issues listed below. I am not sure why it is still in the baseline.

Is there anyone who uses it ? Reply to me directly if you want. I am trying to determine if it makes sense to just remove it from the baseline completely...

Comments from the mail.c source.

/*
** mail.c
** This tiny CGI program constructs an email form (GET) and
** sends the contents (POST).

*/
    /* This program has been set to be useless by default because it

* is probably easy for spammers to use as an open relay. It also
* has problems with enabling malicious use of JavaScript and
* CRLF Injection. Don't enable code below the #else unless you
* are sure that you trust the people who have access to the web
* page it produces.
*/ Thoughts ? I'm asking because I don't if it's in use or simply historic baggage... -- Kent Landfield | HYPERMAIL: http://www.hypermail.org/
Email: kent_at_hypermail.org | RFCS: http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/ Received on Wed 12 Feb 2003 05:06:14 PM GMT