Re: [hypermail] termination?

From: kent landfield <kent_at_hypermail.org_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 12:29:54 -0600 (CST)

Scott Stark writes:

> At 08:50 AM 12/30/2002 -0600, kent landfield wrote:
> >First off, have your ISP install a version of hypermail produced in the
> >last two years.
>
> Hi Kent, would that I could! I've been battling with them about that for
> over a year, with no progress.

(May be time for a new ISP...)

> Failing that, though, is there any information available about troubleshooting?

I really am not in a position to debug an initial beta version that is over 40 versions back or help hack configure for a strange and unknown system setup.

> Or, alternatively, is there a way I can install the new version myself in a
> local directory without system adminstrator privileges? I tried that once
> and failed.

Is this a Unix/Linux box that you are telneting to ? Is procmail installed on the system ? Or does the email MTA have .forward file support ? Then you might be able to have the mailer forward the mail into a local copy of hypermail.

To be able to do that means you would need to know the operating system they are using and have a similar version of the OS to compile a copy of hypermail on...

--
Kent Landfield             |  HYPERMAIL: http://www.hypermail.org/
Email: kent_at_hypermail.org  |  RFCS: http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/