[hypermail] Attachments using latest_folder option bug

From: Ian Cameron <I.A.Cameron_at_open.ac.uk_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2002 00:08:30 +0100

Hi,

I don't know if you have found this or not. I have noticed that when using the latest_folder option, having followed that link, the link to any attachments is broken.

E.g.:

Message in file archive/2002/07/001.html contains a link to an attachment which is stored in archive/att-001/attachment.ext. The link to the attachment in the message is ../../att-001/attachment.ext.

This is fine if you have got to the message via the folders list, i.e. 2002/07 because the ../../ directory traversal works.

If you have got to it via a latest_folder link however then the directory traversal ends up trying to go back one directory further than it should, for example, reading the example message as above means you are reading archive/current/001.html. The link takes you back to the directory containing the archive directory in this case when it should take you back only once i.e. ../ and not ../../.

Have I explained that clearly enough? :-)

Thanks.

--
Cheers, Ian.