Re: [hypermail] hypermail 2.1.4 and folder_by_date

From: Peter C. McCluskey <pcm_at_rahul.net_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 11:58:08 -0700 (PDT)

 hadmut_at_danisch.de (Hadmut Danisch) writes:
>Hi,
>
>I just tried the folder_by_date option with
>hypermail 2.1.4.
>
>Is it intentional oder to be considered as a bug
>that the mail-html-files are put in the given subdirectory,
>but the attachment-folders are still kept in the main
>directory?

 It was intentional, but not the result of much thought. It was more the result of laziness and an assumption that attachments are sufficiently uncommon that they don't create oversized directories very often.  It could probably be changed if there are good reasons to do so.

>BTW: Is there any way to make hypermail use
>5 or 6 digit numbers instead of only 4?

 It would probably require changing "%4d" to something else in a few dozen places.

Peter McCluskey          | Free Jon Johansen!
http://www.rahul.net/pcm |